Navigating the Inner and Outer journey; fostering Spirit in the Life of the Soul
In Bridges to Oasis, we celebrate the courage of the human spirit to survive the challenges that difficult life experiences can bring. Hidden sources of creativity and inner healing lie within each human being. Through facilitated support in groups this potential is enlivened and warmed through conversation. A true listening space for participants is encouraged, where each one is recognized, celebrated and valued in their own struggle and achievement.
Bridges to Oasis derives its contents and modular form from the ‘Foundation Stone Meditation’, given by Rudolf Steiner in 1923. The Foundation Stone Meditation describes a triad of spiritual capacities, and forms an archetype for the development of Bridges to Oasis: Spirit-Recalling (past), Spirit-Awareness (present), and Spirit-Vision (future).
Pathway One: Invitation to the Inner and Outer Journey
Starting in September 2020 and running for 12 weeks.
We aim to start the 1st Pathway on Wednesday 9th September from 10.00am-1.00pm.
Confidentiality, getting started and sharing with others in a supportive space. Tracing our life stories through biographical and artistic exercises helps us gain a new sense of meaning and purpose. In this Pathway, we journey together through the Outer landscape of our lives, looking at our environment, our connection to life rhythms, our cultural and social experiences, exploring eventually our sense of Self. We take biographical examples from our first 28 years or so and look at small changes we might like to bring to our outer lives.
The Bridges to Oasis Course
A full Bridges to Oasis Course has Three Pathways of 12 weeks each. Each one may be taken on an individual basis. The Pathways are all accompanied by artistic exercises and healing stories from various traditions. These provide powerful pictures through which we can explore our own journeys.
Pathway One follows with:
Pathway Two: Finding a Way
Pathway Three: Embracing the Challenge
Our aim is to address the whole human being in body, soul and spirit.
- Help develop a wide appreciation of health and healing rather than focusing on the symptoms.
- Address each person’s hidden potential and facilitate an active engagement with their own healing process.
- Offer a safe environment where people may share, speak out freely about experiences and support one another.
- Provide biographical and artistic exercises to encourage greater understanding for the patterns and paths in life.
- Explore sources of inner and outer creativity.
- Awaken hope, love and a new purpose in life by mastering the emotional life rather than being swamped by it.
- Acknowledge that there is an inner journey that runs parallel to the outer one.
For more information and to book a place on the free taster session:
Wednesday the 29th July or Wednesday 2nd September at 10.00am-12am. Please book in advance by sending an email with your name and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively phone Melanie: 07810 048739 or Lindsey: 07800 535063. We will then be able to confirm your place.