Client Guide to Using the Centre During COVID-19: As at 1st September 2020.
As ever, the health, wellbeing, safety and security of all of our clients, visitors and practitioners are our priority. We have spent a lot of time preparing the space, and putting in place preventative measures, as part of our COVID-19 Secure Protocol, to ensure that we reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19 to those using the Centre to the lowest possible practicable level. This will necessarily entail some changes to the way in which the Centre and our Practitioners operate that are outlined here.
Determining if an on-site therapeutic session is appropriate
- In line with current Government guidelines, our professional therapeutic practitioners will be assessing with each individual client whether it is appropriate to offer on-site therapeutic sessions, with particular consideration given where individuals have been advised that they are clinically extremely vulnerable or for those who fall into the clinically vulnerable category.
Arriving for your appointment
- Clients will be asked to arrive as close as possible to their appointment time to minimise waiting. There will be no waiting area available in the Centre.
- If you drive you should park on the Centre driveway and wait to be given access to the building by your practitioner.
- Driving, walking or cycling to the Centre rather than using public transport, is preferable where possible. It is now a legal requirement to wear a face covering when using public transport.
- Where a family member or friend has transported clients to their session their supporters should remain outside the Centre or return to collect them at the end of the session.
- Clients are asked to bring as little as possible with them into the Centre and keep any coats and bags with them at all times. If you wish to have water during your session, please bring a water bottle.
- Face masks should be worn on entering and leaving the Centre as well as kept on throughout the duration of your session unless there is a reasonable excuse for removing it and if the individual is exempt from wearing one.
- There will be a ONE WAY SYSTEM operating at the Centre for client arrival and departure.
- ENTRY for clients will be through the side entrance.
- EXIT for clients will be through the front door.
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly using the downstairs bathroom on arrival. Sanitising hand wash, paper towels, and hand sanitiser are provided. You will also be asked to spray the bathroom sink and taps with an appropriate anti-bacterial spray after each use. On departure you will be asked to use hand sanitizer at the front door prior to exit.
- A reduced number of therapy rooms at the Centre are currently open to limit contact with others. However, if you do find yourself meeting others in shared areas such as corridors and staircases, please observe social distancing as best you are able.
- Each of our therapy rooms have been set up with two meter spacing between the client and practitioner chairs to maintain social distancing during conversation/talking therapy sessions. This is indicated by tape on the floor.
- There is now also a 30-minute buffer between clients to allow for cleaning and room preparation, enabling a period of ventilation and to help prevent overlap between clients.
- All contact surfaces and common areas to include seating, surfaces, handrails, door handles, any equipment used and bathroom furnishings are regularly and thoroughly cleaned with an appropriate anti-bacterial spray cleaner.
- All of our practitioners wash their hands thoroughly on arrival, after cleaning between clients and on their departure.
- Centre staff will be completing daily checks and cleaning whilst the Centre is in use to ensure hygiene standards are maintained.
- As per NHS guidance please avoid touching your face and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze, put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Clients are asked to make payments online where possible to avoid the exchange of cash or cheques.
- If you, or anyone in your household or a support bubble of which you are part, develop any COVID-19 symptoms (see # below) you must not attend your session, you should cancel your appointment directly with your practitioner immediately and follow the latest government guidance.
# The main symptoms of coronavirus currently specified by the NHS are:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020
At the Elysia Therapeutic Centre your health, wellbeing, safety and security are our priority. We would like to re-assure all of our clients and visitors that we have complied with the Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
- We have carried out a thorough COVID-19 risk assessment for the Elysia Therapeutic Centre
- We have developed a COVID-19 Secure Protocol to reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19 to the lowest reasonably practicable level through preventative measures in line with the latest Government guidelines
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with Government guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to enable people to maintain a 2m distance in the Centre
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
Operating in this new way is a learning process for us all. We always welcome feedback to enable us to improve, so if there is anything that you would like to share or that concerns you, please speak to your practitioner or contact our Practice Manager, Annamaria Balog via email at [email protected]
or on 01384 392072.